24 July 2008

So lovely not to be working today!!!


Leah and I have just got back from being at the beach with my parents, for a little picnic lunch. Leah had her usual avocado, ham sandwich and strawberries (although not altogether!) Us adults had egg sandwiches courtesy of the hens :o)

The weather is glorious so we decided to take the 5 minute walk to the beach and were there for about 1.5 hours altogether. We had a blanket, chairs and of course a bucket and spade for Leah. She tried to build a sandcastle but it wasn't that successful - well at least she tried.




The tide was out when we got there so we had a little (and I mean little) walk along the shore and I collected quite a few oyster shells. One was whole so I bought it home to add to my other shells in the bathroom. I think I will give it a wash first though LOL!


In Southend, as we are on the Thames Estuary the tide comes in really fast - we guessed it took 3 minutes when we looked it was quite a way out, then it was by the first line of fishing boats! it can be easy to get cut off on the mud flats and people need rescuing all the time.


Anyway as the tide came in we had a paddle and the water was warm - unlike in Cornwall where it is the Atlantic Ocean. Even Leah dipped in her little tootsies :op


As we left she fell asleep in her pushchair and I managed to put her to sleep in her cot when we got home. So know I'm off to the garden to catch a few rays whilst I can!

1 comment:

Bubbles said...

It sounds like you had a really good day, its best taking advantage of the weather when its good. Leah looks like she's really enjoying herself.