31 October 2008
The rules of this award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.
As quite a few of these awards are going around at the moment, I am going to leave my nominations to a later date - keep posted to see if you are a winner!
29 October 2008
here is a view of part of the castle.....
We made the most of it by visiting some National Trust and English Heritage site whilst we were there.
On Friday we went to Scotney Castle which was lovely to look at. You can go inside the 'new' castle, which was very interesting, but not so picturesque as the 'old' castle. The owners built the new one as the old castle was too damp!
This is part of the old buliding.....
20 October 2008
Leah loved looking at the fish - but seemed to enjoy running about just at much. I think she wanted to join the children's party that was taking place at the same time ( I never knew that little boys could be soooo noisy! I don't think there was one of them at the party that spoke rather than shouted!)
Here was a fish (not sure what) swimming quite fast - I liked the effect the camera took, all by accident too :o)
17 October 2008
There are a few little rules to mention....
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Well here are my 7 facts..
1. I am a qualified chartered accountant and have been since 2002. I have only been working part time since my daughter was a year old and that has suited us all really well.
2. I have been with my husband for 12 years since I was 18, and we were married in 2005 - 8 years after we met. We spent our honeymoon in Whistler Canada, and Waikiki, Hawaii.
3. I enjoy thriller movies and books - the gorier the better (excluding the SAW series as the first one really freaked me out!)
4. I HATE Friends (the TV series) with a Passion and can't sand it being on!!!
5. I enjoy horseriding and go once a fortnight at a local riding stables. I used to loan a 14hh blue roan cob when I was younger, called Jimbo, from the riding school I worked at. He bit and kicked but never got me!
6. I don't have any pets as we lost our cat Tigger 3 years ago now. We have no plans for any more in the near future, although I fancy getting a rabbit when Leah is a bit older!
7. hmmmm, what for the final fact?? I am a total tea addict and love a good cuppa! I hate it when I am abroad and can't get a decent cup - the first one back home is always the best!
now for the people I am tagging (hope you don't mind!)
Cotton & Cloud
Under The Hedgerow
15 October 2008
I woke up this morning feeling a bit queasy and my tummy has been delicate all day... I don't know what has caused it so I have been feeling very sorry for myself at work!
I have got some Pepto Bismol which seems to be doing the trick - although I couldn't manage my sandwich for lunch :oS Instead I went to the cafe and got some plain and boring toast. Hopefully I'll be feeling more like myself tomorrow and my tummy will have stopped hurting when I touch it. I just hope it isn't catching as I don't want little Leah being ill!
Feel free to give me lots of sympathy hahaha!!
13 October 2008
12 October 2008
I got this lovely yarn and sock pattern from the Natural Dye Studio, and I can't wait to get started, it is so soft.... the pattern has confused me a bit though, so I will have to study it...
.. I also got these two different sock yarns which were a bit more cheaply priced than the one above, but are still lovely and soft (they are cotton mix and bamboo mix)...
09 October 2008
I got all this for £6.20 and you would never even know that the booklets were second hand, they are in such good condition. I wonder which ones I will start with?
As I was away, I couldn't start until I got back, so I started Sunday evening and finished off last night. Here is the result.......
.... meet Beatrice the Ballerina! I decided to alter the pattern so that I could give her some little ballet shoes, and accessorised with some ribbon that I had laying around (it actually arose from her tutu not staying up, so I decided to thread some ribbon through to help with that!).
I thought I would add ribbons to her ballet shoes.....
.. and finished with a bow in her hair. The eyes took ages for me to place where I wanted them, but finally I got there. She had fun today outside in the sunshine with Leah whilst I was hanging out the washing!
Here I am in the square where the golden roof is (not sure of the name) and behind me in the background is the river that runs through the centre of Innsbruck. There are lots of great shops here, includung designer ones, it was difficult not to spend all my money! Luckily I resisted!
Leah and I decided to pose in front of the golden roof - you can just make it out in the background....
We had luch outside the Best Western hotel and I had a lovely farmers salad which included roast potatoes and bacon. Leah was mostly interested in my cucumber and tomato - and also her Granny's spaghetti Bolognese :o) That is her favourite.
To finish, Richard's Mum ordered us all an apple strudel, but to be honest it looked better than it tasted! I don't really know what I expected - but this one was really stodgy in the middle with not that nuch taste. I was expecting to have more layers of pastry and to be a bit crisper. maybe I was too fussy!
06 October 2008
Here we are just before getting the gondola to the glacier.....
05 October 2008
This is a picture of our hotel in Voldereau, Neustift, and as you can see it was lovely, sunny and warm....
...then Friday morning we woke to this! What a surprise! It was just a shame we didn't have the correct clothes or shoes for a snowy holiday as we would have loved to go for a walk in it!