12 October 2008

Had a great day at Ally Pally!

I had a great day out on Friday at Alexandra Palace in London with my friend, and we had a good spend up too! (not too much though thankfully :o)


I got this lovely yarn and sock pattern from the Natural Dye Studio, and I can't wait to get started, it is so soft.... the pattern has confused me a bit though, so I will have to study it...



.. I also got these two different sock yarns which were a bit more cheaply priced than the one above, but are still lovely and soft (they are cotton mix and bamboo mix)...

... and finally a selection of reading material - some magazines, a hat pattern and the new Debbie Bliss childrens book. I was lucky enough to meet her at the GMC publications stall....


... and had her sign it!
It was a great day, just a shame that when I got home Leah decided to be sick twice so I spent my evening clearing up vomit and washing pyjamas, bedclothes and sheets! She's ok now and wasn't ill at all in the night thankfully - phew!
What a shame, as I had planned an evening of knitting......



2 comments:

carolyn said...

Glad Leah is okay now, shame you couldn't get started with the knitting.

Unknown said...

oooh you got to meet her ... Debbie ... how exciting. I think I would have scared her with my squeaks of 'I just love your yarn - I mean I really really really love it ....' well you can see how it might have gone ;-)