20 September 2008

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside.....

I've decided to post some more pictures of where I live, so yesterday afternoon Leah and I went out armed with the camera and this is what we saw...



this is the view from the end of my road, and you can just see the sea in the background. Its a 5 minute walk at the very most and is lovely when the sun is shining....


here are a few of the boats on the water, mainly small fishing boats and sailing boats for pleasure. You can just about make out Kent in the background across the estuary.


Here are some of the beach huts that people use when the sun is out. They are so useful for getting changed, having your lunch etc. I would love one myself but they are quite expensive to buy. You are looking at £10,000 upwards - quite amazing actually for a glorified shed! I must admit they do have kitchens inside most of them, but no running water.


Leah and I ventured onto the beach itself and Leah wanted to throw stones in the water...



...this is what she chose....



...and here she is on a mission to get to the water!


We decided to finish off our walk with an ice-lolly - well Leah did anyway! It took her a while to grasp the fact that she had to hold the stick rather than put that end in her mouth, but she got there in the end!

1 comment:

Bubbles said...

Your so lucky to only live 5 minutes away from the beach. It will definately be worth it when Leahs a little older (even by next summer) when she will be able to make sandcastles etc...