04 September 2008

My progress so far......

Here is the progress so far on my latest pair of socks using a wonderful Noro sock yarn. The colours are stunning and I can't wait to get to the yellows and purples. I don't think it will be too long now....


Unfortuantely, as the yarn has a slight texture to it, the pattern doesn't show up quite as well as if it was a flat yarn. However, as the pattern was derived from an old Japanese book (so it says ) I HAD to use this Japanses yarn to make them. I am pleased with them so far, even if they aren't quite like the illustration in the book!


Here is the closest I could get without the knitting looking out of focus. You can only really see the pattern once the sock is slightly stretched, so once I have finished this sock I'll have to model it for you all. I think they will be quite hardwearing as the yarn has an unfinished feel to it and isn't particualry soft. Great for socks, but I don't think I'd want a jumper made from it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely yarn ! I can't wait to see your pair of socks finished :)
Have a lovely day :)

LizzieJane said...

How lovely, it must be so much fun to knit with this yarn and watch the colors unfold, looking forward to seeing them finished.