12 November 2008

It makes me sick to my stomach

For those of you in the UK who have seen the news over the last few days are probably aware of the horrific case of baby P who was killed by the people that he should have been safest with.

I have found the details of the case difficult to read and feel sick to my stomach that people can be so cruel, and that the authorities have yet again failed to save a child in so much danger from their own guardians.

This poor child was only 2 months younger than Leah when he died, and when I look at her I cannot believe that people can be so cruel and torturous to a child. I hope they get a long hard prison sentence when they are sentenced in December, and that the poor child is in a place where he finally gets the love that he needed.

It brings a lump to my throat just thinking about how this poor child had to suffer in his short life.... when you think how some families would do anything to have a child of their own to love.... and this baby had to do without for his whole life.

God bless little one...

1 comment:

LizzieJane said...

It is heartwrenching isn't it, sometimes I just can't bear to hear all the horribly awful things that go on in this world, I just don't understand why.
Sending a hug your way,
Kathy
x